So today was, well above and beyond. Truly. The uni arranged something they call a Photo Frenzy for the international students, which basically means we were split into groups and sent into London with a bunch of clues that we had to figure out, and which would eventually lead us to places we needed to take pictures of. It was all competition like, and great fun. My group consisted of me and the other Norwegian girl, as well as two American ladies, and one Aussie lass. A wonderful gang! (I’m sure we’ll win ;)
So yeah, we’ve basically just wandered around London. Saw Westminster, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, London Eye, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tate Modern (although we didn’t go inside, we’re leaving that for another day), and loads more. ‘Twas great fun, although I have to admit, a bit cold. We had like snow, and loads of wind, so yeah, was a bit chilly. Especially for the Aussie girl, I think. Poor thing. But anyway, got around splendidly with a day pass, although the tube was partially closed pretty much all over due to maintenance or whatever (I think they’re improving it for the Olympics or something), which was a bit annoying from time to time when you wanted to go somewhere and the direct line was closed, but oh well, we managed. We were only half an hour late handing everything in, which was quite good, considering we were the second group to show up of about eight.
I also found my reading lists today. Sort of wish I hadn’t. I should have started reading for this a year ago or something to stand any chance at getting through everything, but now I’ve ordered all the books off amazon, so they should be here on Monday or Tuesday (I love living in the UK, free amazon shipping <3).>
Anywho, behold the wonder that is London:

Lemme guess, the one who's taller than the other three is the your fellow 'wegian?
ReplyDeleteAlso, this Photo Frenzy thing totally rocks. You should find out who thought of it and send them lots and lots of chocolate. :P
Actually, you're wrong :P The tall one is the Aussie. The two on the sides are American, and the one peeking out from behind one of the American girls is my fellow 'wegian :P
ReplyDeleteOh my! Well, she would've been my second pick :D
ReplyDelete