Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Westfield Shopping Centre and Spitalfield Market

So, on the agenda today was shopping. We went to Westfield, which is apparently the largest urban area indoor shopping centre in the European Union (according to Wikipedia). And it’s only a bus ride away from here! So yes, Leah, Kathrine, Inger Lise and moi went a bit crazy in there, especially Inger Lise, who very clearly has more shopping stamina than me, at least she had today. I didn’t buy much, although I was looking for a dress, but didn’t find one I liked enough to buy. Instead I bought necessities such as an umbrella, a white cotton sweater, and a purse. A very lovely purse, I might add. Small, and with a band you can slip around your wrist; perfect for nights on the town, or where ever really. Oh, and it’s black. A purdy, black purse.

But yes, while we’re on the topic of shopping, we also went to a market on Sunday. The Spitalfield Market, close to the Liverpool station. It was lovely, very Camden-like, underneath the roof of a large square of sorts. We were there for hours, looking at all the stalls. They had clothes, jewellery, arts and crafts, vintage things, hats, food, and loads of other things. If you’re ever in the area, it’s absolutely recommended! I ended up buying a gorgeous navy and white dress, as well as matching blue earrings. Yay for dress. 

(And yes mum, you read correctly, I bought a dress on Sunday, and was looking for one today. No, I don’t need another dress. Yes, the dress I found on Sunday is more than enough. Yes, I have more dresses in my closet. I just wanted one, is all. And Hanne Mari has more dresses than me anyway! So there.)

That being said, both days out were a lot of fun, if not a bit tiring. And as for all the time in between, well, I’m reading and relaxing and going to classes. So if it takes a while for me to update this blog it’s probably because I haven’t been doing anything of any interest. Unless you guys want a review of Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt, or Memoirs of a Survivor by Dorris Lessing. I can even  give you poetry by Ted Hughes (although it’s very bleak, so I’d rather not). 

But yeah, that’s about it for now. Tomorrow I’m having dinner with the girls, then we’re probably heading into London on Friday, and out somewhere Saturday evening. No rest for the wicked, etc. etc.

Now pictures! First what I bought, both Sunday and today:

And this is just Inger Lise going tourist-crazy outside Westfields. She does that a lot, to Katherine's great embarassment. Leah and I are muchly amused.

4 comments:

  1. Gleder meg til London, da skal jeg kjøpe masse kjoler ;) muahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. *looks up Ted Hughes*

    Also: envyyyyy! Will certainly visit those places whenever I get the chance to go to London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ted Hughes was married to Sylvia Plath, which should tell you something about how messed up he was already, and then the woman he was with after (and partially during) the Plath years chose to kill herself in much the same way, and also taking their four-year-old daughter with her. The poetry book we had to read was dedicated to that woman and the daughter, and you could just feel the bitterness and anger rolling off him from every sentence of every poem. Though, they are good, I'll give him that :) And at times morbidly funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like something right down my alley :D

    ReplyDelete