So, over the Easter weekend I went to Salisbury to visit some family friends. After stressing with school and before stressing with essays, it was nice to have a weekend dedicated purely to relaxation. And TV. I never realised I missed TV until I could actually watch it again. It was very nice, and I even managed to catch the newest Doctor Who, so now I know what they're all talking about. But anyway, on Good Friday there was this big pageant thing down in the centre of Salisbury depicting the Passion of Jesus, a big, spectacular thing that thousands showed up to watch. It was very good, although with that amount of people it was hard to get to a point where you could actually see the parts they acted out, but we sneakily managed it a couple of times.
Here is a news item about the pageant, if anyone is interested:
http://www.vnsouth.tv/videos/the_way_of_the_cross_2010
On Saturday I went for a walk down along a river close to where I was staying, the weather was a bit grey, but otherwise lovely. Though the minute I walked back into the driveway, it started to rain. Good timing!
On Sunday Su and Tony (the people I was staying with) held this big lunch for Su’s brother and his family (with all seven kids), which was nice. The two eldest are my age and one year younger, both girls, whom I’ve met and played with as a kid and teenager, so it was nice to meet them again and get reacquainted. The youngest is a boisterous little thing of seven, whom I (to no surprise for those of you who know me) ended up playing with quite a lot. The two of us as well as some of her brothers, her father and Tony also ended up going for a walk up to Old Sarum, taking advantage of the fact that the sun had finally peaked through. Isabelle (the seven-year-old) and I were adventurers, her being Indiana Jones and I the faithful photographer documenting her explorations and findings. It was fun.
Oh, I almost forgot, I also went shopping with Sophie (one of the girls my age) on Thursday. Surprise surprise. And, hmmm. Nothing else. I ate a lot of chocolate. All in all a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:
Post a Comment