Books, books, books! Guess what I did today? I bought books! I do love the feeling of new books on my shelf, waiting to be read. Of course, I already have two other books to finish before I can allow myself to start on these ones, but they look so lovely there on the shelf. And I've been wanting to read them forever, so when I saw them at the bookstore today, all next to each other and not very expensive, well, I couldn't help myself. Lovely, lovely books.
Now, these are my shiny, new books:
City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass, a trilogy by Cassandra Clare. Who used to be a fanfiction writer and awesome, and is now a published author and hopefully still awesome. Stephenie Meyer seems to think so--"A story world I love"--but I'm not sure whether that is positive or negative. Time will tell.
Now, like I said, I've been wanting to read these books ever since I learned of their existence from the Book Guru, i.e. my friend Mari. However before I can start I have to finish Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa, which is no chore because it's a lovely book so far, and start and finish Kenilworth by Walter Scott, which might be more of a chore, knowing Walter Scott. But it's a book I'm considering for my Master's thesis, so I should probably read it to find out if it's usable. Buuuuuut, now all I want to do open City of Bones, disappear under my duvet and stay there until I've finished the book. Oh, to choose the sensible option or not to choose the sensible option, that is the question!


You could always juggle! Like, read Clare's stuff as bedtime story and the other stuff during the day.
ReplyDeleteOr, you know, use the lovely book as a reward for getting something done or doing something well. :3
Leaning towards the latter :3 I am bad at juggling books. Finished Mornings in Jenin now, and the Clare ones will be the prize for finishing Kenilworth quickly!
ReplyDelete