Yesterday I watched Julie & Julia, a sweet movie about life and cooking featuring Amy Adams and Meryl Streep. Now, I cannot say enough how much I love Meryl Streep! The woman is amazing. She can take any role and turn it to pure gold, and this time was no different. In the shape of Julia Child, the woman who taught Americans the art of French cuisine, Streep is just the right amount of tall, silly and wonderful. She’s adorable! But enough about Meryl Streep and onto what is important in this blog post. You see, this movie taught me one very important thing.
If you don’t dry the meat, it won’t brown properly.
Did you know this? I did not know this. Of course, being me and me eating a lot of meat, I had to try it today, and it’s true! The meat browns much more easily if you pat it dry beforehand. How did I go my whole life not knowing this? Thank you, Julia Child! My knowledge of cooking just increased about 50%.
By the way, do you think I’ll get famous if I blog about both Julia Child and Julie Powell?


You could always try :D
ReplyDeleteAlso, movie was cute. I watched it pretty recently as well. Another reason to love it was Stanley Tucci. He's awesome.
Very true! They were adorable together!
ReplyDelete