Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Joanna MacGregor

This evening I went to a concert, which is, to be honest, not something I do very often. But this was a "while we're waiting for ISFiT" event, and since I'll be quite busy during the festival itself, I thought I should definitely catch this early show. And I'm very glad I did. Joanna MacGregor is a remarkable musician, very talented, very enthusiastic, and very charming. Her renditions of some of Piazzolla's tangos were exhilarating! I find it hard to believe a person's fingers can even move at such speeds, or hit a piano with such force without breaking. It was wonderful. Of course, she did some lovely fugues by Bach, a bit of Chopin, as well as some spirited interpretations of gospel inspired beats, but I must admit, the tangos were the ones that got to me. Really very well done. Brilliant even. Consider me a fan.

1 comment:

  1. Piazolla og tangoene hans er alltid det beste på en konsert hvis de blir framført med engasjement og innlevelse. De er geniale.

    ReplyDelete