Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Life is a competition

I usually don't think of myself as a very competitive person, but then something happens that makes me realise that yes, actually I am. Like taking the bus. For most of the ride, I am just like any other person, but when we reach the stop before mine I always, without fail, engage the rest of the bus in a silent competition. The point of this competition is to avoid being the person who presses the stop button. It's something of a patience contest, but also one of daring. How long do I dare wait before I press the button? I never know if someone else are going off on my stop, or not, how long can I wait until someone else, or no one else, presses that button? Most days I win, and someone caves before I do, but today I lost, which made me sad. But you can't win every time.

But on another competitive note, tonight was quiz night. My ISFiT gang has turned itself into a quiz team instead: Quizfit. We rock. And we're not in the bottom five, so yay. That's almost winning!

2 comments:

  1. Eg las denne posten på onsdagskvelden og i dag vann eg "ikkje-trykke-på-stoppknappen"-konkurransen både til og frå Dragvoll :D

    ReplyDelete