Monday, 17 October 2011

Life in London

This week I've been visiting my sister in Londonmy lovely, darling London (and my lovely, darling sister)—and it's been amazing! It was her birthday, so that was the main reason I was down there (well, the main reason after the obvious one: London!), and we celebrated two nights in a row, ate a lot of cake, and generally had a blast.


She studies in Kingston now, a place I used to go a lot when I lived at Roehampton, so it was wonderful being back in the city, wandering around familiar places and generally just taking in the atmosphere (read: shopping, really). I also met up with Kat for a trip to our favourite chicken place: Frangos! Best chicken wings ever, promise.


We also took a walk around Richmond park (another thing Kat and I used to do a lot), and the weather was amazing, sunny and warm and perfect.


And well, among all this walking around, being nostalgic and eating cake, there were also movies watched and relaxing done. And on Saturday we went into Islington to meet up with some friends of Kat, whom I'd also met a couple of times before. It was this one guy's 30th, so they'd ordered an entire suckling pig to celebrate the occasion. It was definitely a party worth crashing!

 
All in all, a lovely extended weekend with a lovely sister and a lovely Kat. Wish I could have stayed longer!


0 comments:

Post a Comment