Alright fans, I am now officially a resident of London! Let's start with the beginning, shall we? I started out this morning at 5 o’clock Norwegian time, by waking up and eating breakfast. Then we had a family road trip to the airport (minus one sister), where everything went smoothly until I met SAS. I was reminded why I always fly with Norwegian. You see, I had been to their website before booking the ticked to see how much luggage I could bring with me, and it said 20 kg. And I though, alright, 20 kg per bag, that I can do. Then it turns out it’s 20 kg all in all. Which meant I had like 15 kg of overweight, which cost me about 1200 kroner. That is 131 pounds, 210 dollars, 146 euros, etc. etc. Blah on SAS and everything SAS related.
There was some snow-induced delay on the plane and whatnot, but all in all the flight went very well. I slept through most of it. At Heathrow I found the Roehampton guys rather quickly, and we hung around until ten of us exchange students had arrived, then they shipped us off to the uni, where I’m currently at.
My room, which I have some pictures of at the bottom, is perfectly alright. I cannot stand the carpet on the floor (such an awful, unsanitary thing), but I guess I’ll have to get used to that. Otherwise the walls are white, and the oven works, so I’m a happy camper. It’s a bit empty, though, gonna have to see what I can do about that.
Of flatmates I have met three, and they all seem wonderful. Two English lads, Joe and Stu, as well as a Norwegian girl from the same university as me in Norway, wonders of wonders. And although I’m not here to meet Norwegian people, it’s kinda nice to be two about this experience. Moaning together about unfamiliar brands at the supermarket and these Englishmen’s love for sponges when washing up, for example. Haven’t they heard about a dish washing brush? Oh well, except for that, things are great so far. I’ll probably have more of an update tomorrow, right now I’m knackered. Travelling is hard work, y’know.
Thursday, 7 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Murvegger? Hm. Kan sikkert bli ganske kaldt, selv med ovn. Håper du ikke fryser ihjel. ;)
ReplyDeleteBC
Dette får meg til å sette enda mer pris på min egen FINE hybel, så TAKK FOR DET!
ReplyDeleteOh I know, what is up with the sponges? Ick!
ReplyDeleteMari, the stalker :)